Aside from the chilly rooms and having to pay for internet access, these positive quotes from the 2011 Seminar sum up our time together pretty well.
“I gained a lot of information and got the tank back on full for the upcoming school year.”
“One of the most valuable parts of the Seminar for me was hearing the stories that all the facilitators are going through the same ups and downs. Thank you all!”
“Invigorating and stimulating ideas to start the new year.”
Together we learned new things, shared experiences with each other and laughed a lot. Thank you again to our presenters and prize donors, who helped to create a successful event!
Caitlin Stevens, CAST
Charlie Fitzpatrick, ESRI
Doug Rye, Consultant
Greg Hamano, Archway Systems
Hayley Hames, CAST
Jim Yeager, Pottsville Schools
Malcolm Williamson, CAST
Matt Tenney, CAST
Michele Halsell, University of Arkansas
Robyn Dennis, CAST
Scott Jochim, Digital Tech Frontier
Shelley Dirst, Arkansas Department of Education
Anita Belew, Nettleton Junior High School
Chris Sweat, Blevins High School
Debbie Lamb, Har-Ber High School
Deidre Williams, Martin Luther King Elementary School
Dick Warrington, Fountain Lake High School
Eddie Daniels, Hope High School
Janice Taylor, Cedarville High School
Jeanne Roepcke, Batesville High School
Jeannie Gray, Sylvan Hills High School
KJ Kite, North Little Rock High School East Campus
Linda Kay Thompson, Star City High School
Mila Floro, Eureka Springs High School
Nancy Stuart, Ashdown High School
Robbie Cox, Batesville Junior High School
Tracie Ashley, Prairie Grove Middle School
Tracie Luttrell, Flippin EAST
Trent Saracini, Valley View High School
Sandra Taylor, Nettleton High School
Sandy Williams, Dardanelle High School
Scott Jones, Omaha High School
Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
Best Western Inn of the Ozarks, Eureka Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites, Hot Springs
Comfort Suites, Hot Springs
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Little Rock
Embassy Suites Hotel, Hot Springs
Jos. A. Bank
Pei Wei Asian Diner
Wild River Country
Presentation resources may be found in the Facilitator Document section of the website in the 2011 Summer Seminar folder.
And now for Matt Dozier’s…
Top 10 Things I Learned at Summer Seminar
10. I learned that if we give them clothing they will wear it.
9. Tim Stephenson can be beaten by not just one but two girls in bowling.
8. What started off as this crazy idea that has become Tech Camp can grow into something so big, exciting, and powerful that when it feeds over to the official start of Seminar we are all having a good time.
7. Doug Rye is awesome!
6. If you give Mila Floro an opportunity, she will lead the way. I present to you the smallest statue of liberty.
5. It had never occurred to me that it should be common sense but mules and mice do not get along very well.
4. EAST kids are going to have a heck of a time building in the Digital Sandbox.
3. Even though he may be mistaken for the president of the USA, Tyrone Nation cannot drive a go-kart for anything. He started out 3rd in line and finished 28th and there were only 6 people racing.
2. When we get together and we cut loose, sometimes rather than those mountaintop experiences, crazy things happen. We need to go bowling again.
1. With the work we are doing, and the ways things are going…EAST is getting REAL and we are excited about that!
Click here for Photo Gallery.
This page was last updated on Thursday, October 06, 2011 at 8:10:19 AM